No matter how fit you are, there’s always that next level you can reach.
Joshua found that next level with Ultimate Performance Hong Kong, getting leaner, fitter and stronger than ever in his impressive eight-week transformation.
Rugby player and regular gym-goer Joshua came to UP Hong Kong to see how far he could push himself with an elite personal trainer.
His result speaks for itself.
Joshua says he’s in the best shape of his life after losing 4kg and shredding down to a super-lean 8.6% body fat in eight short weeks.
“It is the most comprehensive approach to training I’ve ever experienced, and it is tailored to suit your individual circumstances.
“Whatever level your current health or fitness is, so long as you genuinely want to improve, U.P. is by far the most effective and efficient way to achieving your goals.
* Results may vary | Results are based on individual circumstances | Timeframes for results are not guaranteed | Willpower is always required!
“I was able to reduce my body fat composition to the lowest it has ever been, despite years of playing sport and training previously.”
It’s certainly not the case that Joshua was in bad shape before he started his transformation at U.P.
He was active, he regularly went to the gym and he played rugby, too.
“Overall I had a fairly active lifestyle prior to starting at U.P., including playing rugby.
“I have done my fair share of group classes and training regimes in the past.
“I thought I was relatively fit and healthy before starting, but I was curious to see how much I could push myself and improve myself physically.”
One thing holding him back was an ankle injury. It had limited his capacity to exercise in the past, which had taken its toll on his fitness and motivation.
But all that changed when he started working with his trainer at U.P. HK Central who designed a safe and effective training program that would help him get the results he wanted.
“My trainer Rachelle helped devise a constantly evolving programme based around my injured ankle so that I was able to keep improving whilst rehabilitating.
“She really helped instill a mindset of constantly pushing myself to improve.
“Despite thinking I was in okay shape beforehand, after a few weeks with U.P. HK Central, I started seeing noticeable improvements in terms of strength and body composition, which also translated into a general sense of positivity in my overall lifestyle.
Diet and nutrition played a huge part in helping him to achieve the body transformation results he wanted.
His diet had been relatively healthy, but food selection, portion control and snacking were all an issue.
Joshua says U.P. helped him understand macronutrients (carbohydrates, fats and proteins), diet planning and the exact nutrition his body needs to get him in exceptional shape.
“U.P. introduced a strong element of consistency and provided me with clear guidelines of what to eat, how much to eat, how to train and how often, whilst still allowing some flexibility to enjoy weekends and social events.”
One of the most important lifestyle changes Joshua made, was having a clear eating plan to follow and a training plan in place.
Knowing his macronutrient targets, how this is split between each meal and the ingredients to use for optimal performance and body composition really helped him make such a fast and impressive transformation.
“U.P. has definitely improved my understanding and approach to nutrition, focusing on healthy eating has improved my energy and training goals, whilst also made me really appreciate the nutritional benefit of food, in addition to just the taste.”
But the one thing Joshua took away from the experience was how to balance his healthy new diet and lifestyle with enjoying life.
Joshua says you really can have both.
“I learned that working toward better fitness and health didn’t necessarily require eliminating everything that was fun, tasty or enjoyable; it was more a shift in mindset toward moderation and sticking to a plan, which actually then allowed some flexibility to enjoy a social drink or indulgent meal here and there.
“Adopting a sustainable approach to training and eating that I was able to stick to week-in and week-out helped me mentally as it didn’t feel like I was missing out or making severe lifestyle sacrifices in order to improve my health and wellness.”
Inspired by Joshua’s transformation? If U.P. sounds right for you and your goals, fill in the form to find out more information or to start your own journey.
Results may vary | Results are based on individual circumstances | Timeframes for results are not guaranteed | Willpower is always required!
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.