Kevin was constantly feeling tired and low on energy.
The 36-year-old dad thought feeling so sluggish was just a normal part of life like so many other parents.
But now after 12 weeks of personal training at Ultimate Performance, Kevin understands what it means to feel fit, strong and full of life again.
The Hong Kong business owner lost 7kg and shredded down to a lean 10% body fat after just 34 sessions with his UP trainer.
The difference in the way that he looks and feels in a matter of weeks is incredible.
“I feel like a whole different person.
“Mentally, I am much sharper, and the motivation definitely has a transferable effect into other areas of my life.”
Hong Kong Client of the Month Kevin explains the changes he made to his diet and the biggest benefits he has experienced from his transformation at U.P…
What were your motivations for starting a transformation?
My motivation was to not feel sluggish anymore and to get more energy as I have a high-energy two-year-old who is soon to be three.
I was honestly dreading starting a bit as I have taken a couple years off out of the weights room.
How were you feeling both physically and mentally before starting?
I was feeling sluggish, tired, and mentally not as sharp and motivated as I am now.
However, I wouldn’t even know that was how I felt until now, in retrospect.
What was your health and lifestyle like before you started?
Living in Hong Kong, it is pretty tempting to eat all things tasty. In this food paradise city, we are surrounded by food from fancy restaurants to every street corner.
My wife and I work at our family business, and often we have our two-year-old with us. So, it is pretty non-stop!
I didn’t have a set diet plan. It was whatever was convenient or whatever my family or friends were having.
What kinds of things were you eating every day and how did this affect you?
I was probably eating lots of high-GI carbs, sugary sauces and empty calories. MSG (monosodium glutamate) is pretty hard to avoid in Hong Kong restaurants too. I would eat lots but I’d be hungry again in a couple hours.
How did your diet and lifestyle change when you started your transformation?
Well, it felt militant at first. It definitely took my body a couple weeks to adapt to cutting hidden sugars out.
But because the new diet is nutrient dense, I found that the simple meal plans kept me satiated, surprisingly!
What effect did this have on your health, performance, lifestyle and energy levels?
It is easier to set goals at work, as I am used to setting small goals with my trainer weekly and achieving them.
I am more demanding of my abilities as my stamina and confidence has increased at the gym.
What results did you achieve following your transformation?
I lowered my body fat, I increased my muscle mass, and my sister tells me my 30-something face looks like my high school photo!
I am guessing I have become metabolically younger!
What were the biggest benefits you experienced from doing this transformation?
The biggest benefits I have experienced are stamina, endurance, confidence, and a sense of control.
I also feel I am being responsible for taking care of my health, and for raising my daughter – it is of the utmost importance.
Would you recommend UP and why?
For all the benefits that I listed above, I would definitely recommend UP
On top of the personal transformations, I see other gym attendees working really hard, that goes to show there is a certain magic from UP and the way they train their staff!
The first step is often the hardest, but it can make all the difference – Arrange a consult at UP now. Simply fill in the enquiry form below.
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.