“I became a better mother, wife and person,”
Emmy says after making an incredible 20-week transformation at Ultimate Performance.
How Emmy feels now after getting in the best shape of her life is in stark contrast to the way she felt when she first started at UP Hong Kong Central.
Becoming a new mother and dealing with a busy schedule meant her personal health took a back seat and started to suffer.
“Having two babies within 12 months took an intense toll on my body both physically and mentally,” she says.
Emmy’s initial goal was simply to lose 15-20lbs – but she achieved so much more in just 20 weeks following an intelligent, bespoke diet and training plan with UP.
What were your expectations going into the 20 weeks and what were your motivations?
“I was expecting a big change in my eating habits and hoping to lose at least 15-20 lbs as a start.”
My motivation was my baby boys and my wedding photos. Having two babies within 12 months took an intense toll on my body both physically and mentally.
“We got married and then had two babies right away. It was a lot.”
Can you tell me how you were feeling both physically and mentally before starting the 20 weeks?
“I was drained both physically and mentally. I didn’t have much time to myself and always put my needs on the back burner. “
What was your diet and lifestyle like before you started the 20 weeks?
“I was breastfeeding so I basically ate what I wanted and possibly more.
I was having a few glasses of wine a week, once I put babies down to bed. I looked at red wine as a way to relax after a long day.”
How did your diet and lifestyle change when you started the 20 weeks?
“My diet changed drastically. I cut out carbs, sugar and dairy. I allowed myself one glass of wine per week.”
I started to feel like myself again and truly empowered by the end of the first month.
What effect did this have on your health, performance, lifestyle and energy inside and outside the gym?
“I was able to physically do more throughout the day, without feeling completely depleted at the end of the day.”
I became more positive as well. I was In control and seeing results because of my hard work. My entire family benefited.
How did you find the training and did it fit around your busy lifestyle?
“Training was extremely hard work, but I had an excellent trainer who never stopped pushing me.
I was hesitant at first because my body had just been through so much after two pregnancies and two major surgeries.”
Jacky made sure I always pushed myself to the next level, as well as making sure I was safe.
“I trained 3 times per week and it worked very well for my busy schedule. I did cardio 2-3 times per week as well.”
What were your results like after the 20 weeks?
“I reached my primary goal to lose 20 lbs and get my strength to a point where I knew I could do even better.”
I became a better mother, wife and person, and realized there were no limits.
What were the most important things you learned during your 20 weeks and what really worked for you in helping you make your transformation?
“I learned how important a healthy diet is, coupled with a smart workout routine.”
I learned that discipline is everything when it comes to reaching your goals, and it’s not hard if you really really want it.
“Documenting my eating habits and having a community to share the ups and downs with, helped immensely throughout my transformation.”
How has doing this transformation changed you and do you think it will benefit you going forward?
“This transformation has given me the utmost respect for people who are at their best and especially at their worst, when it comes to achieving their fitness goals.”
I have a new love for working out, and finding ways to being healthy no matter what I have going on.
Would you recommend UP and why?
UP is an incredible way to learn about yourself, food and fitness as you transform, every single day of your journey.
“It’s a wonderful community of individuals who want to fight for you just as much as you want to fight for yourself.”
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.