Fifty-four years old and in phenomenal shape!
Yves has built the ultimate body with hard work, dedication and consistency.
The busy banker first came to Ultimate Performance carrying excess body fat, with a poor diet and with the modest goal of getting healthier for his two children.
Completing an initial 6-week transformation and losing 10kg showed him that change was possible.
Fast forward 18 months and Yves has made more progress than he had ever dreamed of.
The father-of-two has gone from strength to strength in the gym and built a mind-blowing physique as he approaches his 55th birthday.
How has he progressed since his first transformation at U.P.?
What constants in his training and nutrition have taken his body to the next level?
How has he kept on building and improving his physique?
Yves explains all here….
What was your goal with your transformation at U.P.?
The main goal for the current transformation was to put on as much lean muscle as possible and then to lose body fat in preparation for the next transformation.
What results did you achieve?
Based on my previous transformation pictures, my overall muscle mass has increased and my body fat percentage is down again following the bulk.
What were the most powerful lessons you learned about training?
The most powerful lessons I have learned about training are to focus to ensure I am engaging the correct muscle and using the correct movement to train that muscle.
Then also to push beyond my perceived limits up until I lose form.
But it is a constant learning process, I learn something new at every training session.
What were the most powerful lessons you learned on diet and nutrition?
I have learned what I need to do to put on weight or to give me the extra energy required for certain training phases and what I need to do to lose body fat. Plus I learned the effect of alcohol on the body.
How has your lifestyle changed after your U.P. transformation?
Not only do I feel better in myself, I am more confident as I get comments from friends and colleagues about the way I look.
I watch what I eat, as I know what I need to put into my body in order to get the maximum out.
How has what you learned at U.P. helped keep you in shape?
I believe correct form and correct nutrition are paramount to succeeding in achieving my goals.
I have trained for years before U.P. just routinely lifting weights and eating what I thought was a healthy diet.
My weights halved when I started with my trainer Matt at U.P. as he showed me how to lift properly and how my diet fuels growth or loss.
What are the key things that have helped you maintain your physique and stay in shape?
My adherence to the skills I have learned makes it easy to maintain my physique; I know how to train and what to eat.
But the finer tweaks and varied weight training sets given to me by my trainer Matt keep me in the best shape I can be.
What is your training and diet like now?
My training now is harder than ever. I have new goals that I could not have dreamed of a few years ago.
To achieve these goals I have to focus on instruction, form and diet more than ever before.
What fitness goals are you now aiming for?
I have just under a year to achieve a physique fit for competition.
What does it feel like being in control of your diet and knowing how to train properly to stay in great shape?
It feels great knowing how to train properly. People start to watch you in the gym and ask you for advice.
The diet can be difficult at times with work social events and being out with friends, but you learn what you can do and what you shouldn’t… the decision is then yours.
What would you say to anyone who thinks results you get at U.P. are not sustainable?
I don’t understand that – if you can get the results once, what have you changed since then that does not allow you to continue to achieve results.
I do believe it is harder to achieve quite the same results training alone, as a coach pushes you to get those extra reps.
But you have learned correct form, and nutrition, so continue doing more of the same.
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.