Ultimate Performance produces results time after time but we only show you the best results. We show you the people who follow the plans and those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results. What we don’t show very often are the transformations of the UP trainers and the challenges they go through with their own training.
Now of course, we’re not here to boast about how fit our trainers are, as rightly so, they should be in great shape. But for UP personal trainer Thomas, he was shown a whole new level of body composition and nutrition that would be the perfect example of just why we achieve only the best results for our clients.
Why Ultimate Performance?
My background is maybe slightly different than most UP clients as I have worked there as a trainer for over a year and from day 1 Sean has started to look after my training and nutrition. To give you a little background I have been a trainer for 10 years, training at high level sports (kickboxing and MMA) and did a fitness photoshoot.
In January 2016, my trainer and I were having a discussion about training and dieting and I told him that I wanted to get lean again and do a photo shoot, all in 16 weeks. I felt I needed to learn more, improve my physique and actually enjoy training again.
What Do You Feel You Have Achieved?
For the last year we have focused on bringing up my calories (after coming off my last photoshoot where I dieted stupidly and stayed on extremely low calories over several months… I looked good on the day but had never felt more worse in my entire life.)
Training wise we focused on getting stronger and adding muscle mass; I can say that it was a job well done. To give an example I started with a 125kg personal best on the back squat and finished 10 months later at 175kg so I was very happy with the progress.
What Have You Learned?
One of my worries was that I was going to leave the fitness industry and needed a good plan to stay on track. My trainer designed an awesome training plan, it was very well periodised and I actually got stronger whilst dieting which was an absolute first to me.
The diet has been impeccable too. The way it was designed meant it was very simple and easy to follow and I have learnt that consistency is the key to success when it comes to body composition. I have dropped body fat weekly and looked the best I ever have in my whole life! I started at 21% body fat in January 2016 and finished at 7% just 16 weeks later.
What’s Next for You?
We are now working towards the next goal…I want to remain as lean as possible and increasing my calories as high as possible to gain strength and size.
The ultimate goal is to compete on stage.
What Would You Say to Others?
I couldn’t thank UP enough for their support; Sean is by far the best coach I have encountered and I am looking forward to many more achieved goals under both his and UP’s guidance!
I would advise anyone (and actually already have) to train with UP… it’s not easy everyday, but the process is enjoyable, you will learn a lot and if you are serious about getting results Ultimate Performance is the place to be.
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.