What happens when you put together one of the world’s most popular women’s health and fitness magazines, with the world’s leading personal trainers?
Due to our strict programming, intense training and ‘no BS’ take on everything we do, there are many out there who feel that UP is only for bodybuilders or the gym-obsessed fitness enthusiasts. This couldn’t be further from the truth.
UP’s clients only have one thing in common; they want to make a change and better themselves. UP took on the challenge of transforming the body of Women’s Health Account Manager, Camilla Wood. Camilla wanted a body she would be happy with and to deter the myth of ‘weight training making women bulky’.
12 weeks later and Camilla was still smiling; Hear what she thought of her UP experience.
* Results may vary | Results are based on individual circumstances | Timeframes for results are not guaranteed | Willpower is always required!
What was the obstacle that would have prevented you from starting the process?
As a woman the weights based workout was slightly daunting and not one I am familiar with, I wondered how I could change my body with weights alone but had heard really positive things about Ultimate Performance.
A 12-week process like this is something you really have to be dedicated to seeing optimum results. For me, I am quite a social person, so I struggled at the thought of doing this over a busy summer. Initially, I struggled with the diet side of things particularly with social events, but when you begin to see positive results, you embrace the change of lifestyle and diet.
What did you find as a result of training with UP?
I am stronger, much leaner and more body confident. I have always trained hard and felt fit doing more HIIT based and cardio workouts, but I always felt like I had some fat to lose no matter how hard I trained or how healthily I ate.
UP completely changed my approach to my diet. I changed from quite a vegetarian high carb diet to a very high protein diet, and it’s this diet along with the weight training and correct techniques learned from Chris that has helped me reach a leaner physique.
I have really enjoyed learning how to use weights properly and seeing changes using these alone as a workout instead of slogging away on a running machine. I knew it was something I should incorporate into my workouts but I wasn’t aware of the right moves or how much weight to use, so it’s been a brilliant opportunity to learn how to train properly.
I have enjoyed learning how to track my macros and the benefits of a ‘protein heavy’ diet. At first tracking all food and drink consumed was tricky but I soon got the hang of it, and it quickly becomes part of your lifestyle.
I was unconsciously consuming a large number of calories previously without knowing or thinking about it.
I have enjoyed feeling healthier and more energetic from the lifestyle changes advised by my trainer at Ultimate Performance.
I have learned how to use weights properly which will stand me in such good stead for the future.
I have learned that weight training does work for women and can actually change your shape in a feminine way, they do not make you bulky!
Especially when paired with the right diet.
Diet is key but so is fueling your body in the right way! I have learned a lot about the food I used to eat; foods I thought were healthy but were actually high calorie and not beneficial for me or my health. There are great benefits for your mood and energy from clean eating.
Would you recommend UP? If so, why?
I would 100% recommend UP – The training is hard but so rewarding and at the end of the 12-week process, if you follow your personal trainer’s advice and work hard in the sessions you will see great results.
The personal trainers push you beyond what you thought you could ‘lift’!
The support you receive from your PT is unbelievable, the regular contact and check-ins are really helpful to help keep you on track-particularly with a 12-week challenge where you have an end goal.
It’s a really friendly and supportive environment; even the other personal trainers will be commenting on my progress which is encouraging.
If you follow the advice given by your trainer, with both your diet and exercise, you will leave with brilliant results – I couldn’t be more positive about the experience. I feel I have radically changed my approach to diet and training which will be a great foundation for healthier lifestyle moving forward.
I just wanted to say a huge thank you – it has been such an amazing experience and as corny as it sounds really quite life changing. Chris has been such a supportive personal trainer throughout the whole process, and I have learned a lot from him.
Women’s Health tried UP; now it’s your turn.
- We show you the best, we don't show you the worst.
- We show you people who follow the plans, not those who are all talk.
- We show you those who inspire even us with their commitment to their results.
- You cannot get results exactly like these. You are unique and that means you can only get your own best possible results.
- Your results are a function of time spent following the plan; your genetic response to the right exercise and diet program; how hard you train; how consistently you come to the gym; how disciplined you are with your diet; & your starting point.
- Oftentimes the lower your starting point (poor fitness, terrible body composition) the better your results.
- We cannot do the work for you and the results you see here are a testament to the work ethic of our clients.
- Our reputation is that we are the best trainers in the world for helping you to unlock your potential, & we can lead you to the door, give you the key, even turn the handle and push the door open, but we cannot walk through it for you. In the end the result is down to you.